Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

So today is Thanksgiving and although I am alone it has given me some time to think about everything I am truly thankful for! So here is a list of some things that I am truly Thankful for:

- My Parents: You guys have giving me all the support in the world! When I told you I want to move to D.C. you guys are all for it. When I call you guys you are always there to listen to me rant and always offer me help. There is truly no way for me to put in words how thankful I am that I have you guys as parents!

- My Siblings: Although we don't always get along and I know that I can be mean spirited at times you guy have tought me things that I would not have known.

- My Family: From my dad's small sized family to my mom's large Irish family I always have a Great time when I am with you guys. From Rice Ball Day to when we made homemade paste these are memories I will have forever.

- My Friends: You guys keep me sane! From the friends I still have from OPRF, to my UIS friends, to my new friends in DC you guy truly are the best people that I know and some of you guys are more than just friends you are my family!!!

- My Grandma: You give me someone to write to every week and you are the link to my past! I love talking to you and listing to your stories!

(now for the less sentimaental and more funny/silly)

- The Movie Elf: Watching you on USA officially shows the start of the Christmas season, and who doesn't love Will Ferrell in tights?

- Politics and Politicians: Without these two thing I have no ideal who I would be! You are very fun to watch and be apart of.

- The First Amendment: Without you America would not be what we are and personally I love the fact that I can say anything to anybody and not have to be afraid that I might get arrested.

- Food Blogs: You guys have AMAZING recipes and I want to try and Make all the ones I see (Noble Pig and Smitten Kitchen are my favs)

- DVD's: I own WAY to many but when I am board and have nothing to do it is nice to be able to pop in a movie and/or show and watch it at my pace.

- Facebook: I am able to stay connected with so many people and have a nice farm to tend to.

- My Computer/internet: I have no ideal how people did things before a computer let alone the internet!

- flicker: you make me feel like I can be a professional photographer.

- naps: I don't know how I went through the day without you!

- Spell Check: I know that I am a bad speller and you always make sure I don't make a fool of myself when I do spell things wrong!

- I am very thankful that I live in a country where a African American can be President and women can run for Vice-President, President, and She can also run one of our legislative branches of government. And although not everyone will agree with what they do/say OUR GOVERNMENT STILL FUNCTIONS!

Well that if all I can think of for this year! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment