Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Last couple of Days!

I have started with NFFE!!! NFFE seams like it is going to be a fun and a great learning experience. But more on that as I continue with them these next 3 months.


Outside of starting the internship this weekend was a beautiful and great weekend. On Sunday the National Symphony orchestra played a free concert on the lawn of the Capital. It was a great and beautiful night. The orchestra played lots of interesting and wide range of music.

They played selections from different movies like The Wizard Oz, West Side Story, Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark just to name a few movies. My favorite was when they sang West Side Story. When they did that selection they had two people from the Army come up and sing as Tony and Maria and it was beautiful! Another cool that that they did was that they played the score from Ron Howard's Apollo 13. Before they played NASA'S General Charles Bolden came on stage and talked about NASA and the Apollo missions.All together it was a great night!



On Monday I did not have to goto my internship because it was labor day so I decided to take advantage of my day off and go sight seeing. I first went by office to see where it was and how long it was going to take me to get there. After that I just started to walk around. The first big thing that I saw was the Treasure Department. I did not go in because no one can get in there and honestly me around that much money is a bad ideal! lol! Just next to that building is The White House!!!!

My office is so close it is nice! DC, much like Chicago, is on a grid system. My office is on 15th Street and the White house is on 16th Street. It is also a great place for me to be able to meet up with my other intern friends to have lunch.


After the White House I walked over to the WWII Memorial. It is a very beautiful place. Like the Vietnam you have to walk down to get to it but that is where the similarity ends. As you see the WWII memorial is a big and noticeable memorial.


Behind the WWII memorial is the Lincoln Memorial and the reflecting pool. The reflecting pool was not reflecting. It was green and gross so needless to say I was not going to be recreating the scene from Forrest Gump any time soon!

Next to that memorial was the Korean War Memorial. Again a very nice a respectful place. It is truly amazing how close everything is to one another.

So it was an awesome first weekend in DC! The weather was beautiful and they people I hung out were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment