Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week Three: Love & Bacon!

Another week here and I am still loving every minute of it! My work load at NFFE has started to increased and I was temporarily promoted to office manager! Although I am still the intern there being office manager has additional duties like answering the phone. I am also going to a congressional hearing about gender pay this week to represent NFFE.



Out side of NFFE I have been trying to get out and see lots of the sites in DC. This week Gracie (one of my Amazing roommates!) and I went to the National Book Festival. We had so much fun and were able to see so many different authors.

(Isabel Allende)

Gracie went to get a book signed by Isabel Allende for one of our other roommates Evangelna.

While Grace was doing that I was waiting in line to get my book signed by Spike from Top Chef! I was the very first person in line and I was so excited! I love Top Chef and Spike has always been one of my favorite chef from that show. Also he was on the season when they came to Chicago! He was also just named onto Top Chef All Stars!!!


When He first arrived at the tent Gracie started to FREAK out!!!!! I wish that I had a camera to film what happened because it was just to funny!

After we all relaxed I got to talking to him and It was lots of fun! I also wished him Good Luck on the New season of Top Chef!



After that Gracie and I went to get our library Cards from the Library of Congress and then headed home!

Love & Bacon

1 comment:

  1. what a fun way to spend a day off will you ever be able to see bacon and not think of Spike

    ReplyDelete