Thursday, October 7, 2010

I made a big Decision!!!!

So in the short time that I have been out here I have made a big decision:

I am going to move out here after graduation!

I know that it is going to be a huge change but I am so in love with this city, the people that are out here, and what is going on out here. I finally fell like I am somewhere where I belong! I can sit in my office and talk about what is going on with the midterms and make comparisons to the Lincoln campaign and people get what I am talking about. I just love it so much out here I can't imagine what is going to happen in December when I have to go back home. Don't get me wrong I love my family and I think that Chicago is the best city in the US but I just feel like this is where I am supposed to be.

When I talked about this with my parent they were both so supportive of me making this decision and I think that they might have seen it coming at least I hope they did.

Other than that I have been doing a lot of stuff with my internship. Last week I went to a congressional hearing on the gender pay gap, a bill mark up, sat in on a conference call with some of our locals about a problem that they are having with the government, and then I went to an Office of Personal Management meeting about federal health insurance. Not to mention I have been doing a lot of writing and note taking for NFFE.

On Tuesday I ventured up to Aberdeen, MD for a membership drive. Aberdeen Army base is where they tested LSD on Human people so needless to say it was an interesting day.

Today I was helping out the NFFE General Council with a league brief he had to file. The brief was about a confrontation between a NFFE local president and a supervisor at their place of employment. Long story short the supervisor felt threaten by the NFFE president because the president was gestures with their hands. The presidents response was "I'm Italian, I talk with my hands" I think that that is one of the best arguments someone can make about talking with their hands and I am going to use it!

That should be all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment