Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear

Today was the Jon Stewart/ Stephen Colbert Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. The rally was so much fun and I am so happy that I went!'

I got to the rally site probably around 8:30 and I walked to get to the best spot I can get and I did get a great spot. I ended up standing about 30 feet from the stage!!! I was also very close to the VIP section of the rally and there is were all the other famous people were like Eddie Izzard and Jeff Ross!!!
The Rally started with a performance from The Roots. This is the second time that I have seen The Roots live and again they were awesome! Then The Roots brought out John Legend to sing song from there new cd. When they preformed it was mind blowing!

Than the main event!!! Stewart came out and started to talk to the crowd. Then Colbert came out. Colbert came out the same way Chilean came out, in a tube through a hole from underground. The rally continued with performances from Jeff Tweedy (From Wilco), Ozzy, Yusuf Islam (formally known as Cat Stevens), Tony Bennett, and Mavis Staples just to name a few.

To me one of the most interesting things was that at the end Jon Stewart gave the final speech. The speech was so inspiring and moving that it just took my breath away. Stewart's speech was non-partisan and it left politics out of it completely. His speech mainly criticized the media and talked about how we the people need to think about what we saw and what we do. and he did make one jab at Rick Sanchez.

All around it was an AMAZING time and I am so glade that I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment